Developer Submits Application to BLM
Applications for lands outside of designated leasing areas (DLAs) must be filed in the BLM field office having jurisdiction over the lands affected using Standard Form 299 (SF-299).
The completed application must include the following:
- A description of the project and the scope of the facilities.
- The estimated schedule for constructing, operating, maintaining, and terminating the project;
- The estimated life of the project and the proposed construction and reclamation techniques;
- A map of the project, showing its proposed location and existing adjacent facilities;
- A statement of financial and technical capability to construct, operate, maintain, and terminate the project (43 CFR 2803.10).
- Any plans, contracts, agreements, or other information concerning use of the right-of-way (ROW) and its effect on competition.
- A statement certifying that applicant is of legal age and authorized to do business in the State(s) where the ROW would be located, and has submitted correct information (43 CFR 2803.10); and
- A schedule for the submission of a plan of development (POD).